We've got a quitter folks!


Why is it that so many bright people quit?
Is it because they've run out of ideas? Quite often yes, actually.
Is it because they run out of steam? Suddenly this project doesn't seem like such a good idea after all.
I have seen way to many people with fantastic ideas give up before they even tried.
Including myself actually.
So why do we quit? Do we quit because we're bored? Do we quit because we get tired? Do we quit because we think no one cares?





There are a lot of reasons people quit. But the number one reason I have noticed in my life is we're afraid of other people. Other peoples success Other people's money or fame or whatever the heck we think they can do better then us. We quit. Before we've even started and this idea that could have been so good is suddenly thrown on the shelf inside our brains where it collects dust most of the time never seeing the light of day.

Today's piece is about quitting. You know if you couldn't tell already.  I wrote this because most of my life I didn't ever really get out or do things that could have helped me grow into a better person. Sure occasionally I did but most of the time I was scared the entire time I was doing it. I can't even tell you why really. I was never told by my parents that I would never amount to anything. I was never bullied so much that I came home and cried every night. I never went through a huge emotional or physical trauma (except puberty of course but lets not get into that).

Where was my fear coming from?
Why was I afraid to put myself out there?
Because I was afraid of people's opinions. A lot of us tend to be people pleasers.
We want people to like us it's just in our nature that is for  most of us anyway. Every now and then you meet someone who seems to have been fearlessly expressing themselves from birth and if you are one of those people well then you aren't going to relate to this at all but to those of you who are going "ah yes uh huh that sounds like yours truly" keep on reading.


↞ This doesn't really have a title and I don't think it really needs one honestly ↠





Giving up.
Definitely an alluring option.
You never have to try.
No is your go-to response.
That's all I used to do.
Even before I started I just gave up.
I remember always telling myself "That's for someone else. I can't do that"
Someone better then me.
Someone smarter then me.
Someone who knows what they're doing.
I always told myself  "I'll be different"
In the future
I'll do things.
Some day when I'm a completely different person.
I'll point my branches towards the sky and I'll grow
but then I kept saying no.
I slowly began to realize I would never be smarter or better if I didn't try now.
If I don't fail a little bit
or maybe alot.
Then I started slowly but surely to believe in myself.
I started saying yes.
This new response was different.
It changed me and only for the better I'm happy to report.
I started to get better.
I started to become smarter.
I started to figure out what I'm doing.
I realized I could grow right where I was.
Because I had to.
Because if you don't grow right where you are then you'll always stay the same
and if that's not the scariest thing you've ever thought about your future then I honestly don't know what could be.
I get it.
It's not easy to step out of your comfort zone into the world.
But you know what just go fail anyway.
Go learn.
Go do things, feel things and better yourself.
Because the alternative is so much worse then any failure you could face.




That's my say, my two cents for you.
I just decided that I wasn't going to quit.
Ever at anything.
I've done my fair share of that already.
To those of you who are still afraid of trying and failing just chew on this:

If you never quit you never really fail.




If you liked this post even a little tiny bit consider subscribing by email so I can pop up in your inbox with even better content.
To those of you who managed to make it this far go leave me a comment and have a cookie with the promise of my response if you do.
Picture was taken by myself and if you like it have a look at my Instagram where I post similar content it's just below this post if you want to have a cheeky little scroll.

Comments

Popular Posts