The floor of the bookstore

I am sitting on the floor of the bookstore.

Not really sure how I got here. It was one of those things that just kind of happened. 

I can hear people moving things around and walking about  but I can't see anyone.

Minimal sounds echo here in the book stacks.

I smile and breathe in deeply.

This is a place full of peace and knowledge 

It's one of those places you sometimes stumble across when you don't really even mean to and then you

realize how much you needed to stumble across it.

This space calms me in a way that feels a little bit like magic.

Sitting here everything seems less demanding

the world and my responsibilities are put on hold for a time. 

It's almost like a mini vacation. 

A man comes and looks interested in the section I have claimed as my vacationing spot but I'm not 

about to move.

He looks around at the books for a moment but looks apprehensive about 

coming in and disturbing me.

I start reading a book on Leonardo da Vinci's notebooks and the man leaves shortly after.

I continue to sit on the bookstore floor with da Vinci until I am called back into

reality. 

My vacation is finished 

I say goodbye to da Vinci.

Comments

  1. This is totally me at least 3x a week in my college library. Whenever I'm reading a book or any piece of literary work I feel so content knowing that I've just entered into a world exclusively depicted by the author. I get to tune out reality just for a while!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts