Busy Busy Busy

In our world today everyone seems to have things to do and places to go.

That's just how it is.



Everyone rushes around from one task to another and then at the end of the day they collapse completely, utterly worn out.

Today we're going to look into the busy hours of our lives and the busy hours of other people's lives.

If you are the average human being you probably go to work or school every day and then later have extra things like coffee with friends, clubs, hobbies, or you come home and work some more.

Do you ever feel worn out?
Like you can't possibly keep up with everything anymore?
You wonder how people do it.

The piece I'm about to share with you was something I wrote one night after a long, long day.

    ↞ Drowning ↠


I feel like I'm drowning.
In this world where nothing ever stops.
In a sea of people and never ending to do lists.
Why is this the normal life everyone seems to want?
Why do we continuously run ourselves into the ground.
In this world where no one thinks to slow down and look around for a minute.
It's okay to take a minute to slow down.
It's okay to need a break.
It's okay to create little rest stops on your way to what you want.
I feel like I'm drowning.
In this world where no one ever stops
In this ocean of tasks that are never completed.
I feel like I'm drowning.



Society today tells us we need to go! go! go! Constantly.
Now don't take this the wrong way I don't mean at all that we should just stop working and sit around all day.
Just that we should take a little time each day to breathe a little bit, think about our next move and maybe have some coffee.


Take some time to sit today. Maybe just right before bed turn off the TV, close your laptop and turn your phone notifications down.
Then take some time for yourself.
Reflect on your day!
Was it a hard day?
Was it an easy day?
Either way give yourself a pat on the back because you made it through.


If you get anything from this post at all I hope it's the thought that slowing down is good sometimes.
Taking time to think about your day is important.
Giving yourself a break is important.
Take a break and then go kick some butt.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you liked this post please consider email subscribing so I can pop into your inbox with even better content.

If you got this far go leave me a comment telling me what you thought about this post or maybe just give a little hello, my promise of a response if you do!

The photo above was taken by myself  if you like it check out my Instagram where I post similar pictures.

Happy scrolling!

Comments

Popular Posts